Pages

Wednesday 20 May 2015

The Woollen Woods: Talkin Tarn 2015

You've got to love a badger in a tree

The Woollen Woods is in it's third year now, it is an outdoor art installation comprising woodland themed woollen artworks in support of The Campaign for Wool. I took part with my Heathlands textile group in 2013 and this year with my Tullie Textiles group. There are several different locations this year, the nearest to me and my group being Talkin Tarn so we made our pieces for the woods there.

If only all slugs were this beautiful

Lovely ladybirds

Beautiful butterfly

I went for a visit to see the installed art works at Talkin Tarn and it really was a great experience, so much time, skill and enjoyment has clearly gone into creating the pieces and the team who have put the works up have done a great job. There's a real variety of pieces done by a range of groups and individuals, some of the pieces are very life-like whilst others are more unusual! What I particularly enjoyed about wandering around the woods was seeing so many visitors, of all ages, engaging with the art works. There was a real sense of fun and interest with people calling out to each other to come and look at this or that.

Owls by my Tullie Textile Group

Dragonflies by my Tullie Textiles group

One of my dragonflies

Enough words, enjoy the pictures and if you're near any of the Woollen Woods sites I highly recommend you take a look. If I've pictured your artwork and you'd like it credited, please drop me a line and I'll be more than happy to do so.









I loved all the huge dragonflies by Grange'o'Sands Primary School








No comments:

Post a Comment