Pages

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Life Drawing 13.3.14

Pen, continuous line

A very quiet session this week, in that there were not very many of us. It wasn't quiet in terms of noise due to our line dancing neighbours! I really struggled to focus this session and this is reflected in my drawings; there aren't any that I'm happy with but sometimes that's just the way it goes.

Pen, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Drawing with loops

Our model, Martin, was excellent as always providing us with a range of interesting poses and so it was frustrating that I couldn't find my drawing mojo. I played around with different pens and tried to get some different line qualities so there are some interesting bits and pieces that have come out of the session but overall not my best drawing day.

Permanent marker, continuous line

Pen, continuous line

Pen and water

One of the good thing about life drawing (in my opinion) is that even though this session wasn't very productive for me I don't worry about the results as they are just a snapshot; there will be other sessions where things will flow and I will produce drawings I'm much happier with. It is all good practice and just like with everything else sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth. I still enjoyed the session and if anything it's made me a bit more determined to get my drawing back up to scratch (I think I'm mixing a few similes and metaphors here but you know what I mean!)

Pen, drawing without looking at the page

Pen, continuous line

No comments:

Post a Comment