Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

Pretty Things

Brooches handmade by me!

Still insanely busy here at Delicate Stitches HQ but I thought I'd try and share a few photos with you. This week The Heathlands Project, where I work part time, has been down at Alex Boathouse at Talkin Tarn selling our hand made wares. The sale was organised by my friend and colleague Helen Tuck and we both also had our own little tables there.

My stall

View across the tarn from the boathouse

The guys up at Heathlands have been working really hard and have made some beautiful things, including some lovely felt Christmas tree decorations made by my textiles group. Today I got the chance to take a couple of the guys up to the Boathouse and I was really impressed seeing all the work out on display.

A selection of the Heathlands Projects wares

It was also a really nice chance for me to have a look at my stock and put out a couple of new things, including some hand printed sketchbooks. A few weeks ago I carved a couple of lino blocks and I used these to make prints for the sketchbooks. I really like lino cuts and enjoyed designing and carving these blocks.

Hand printed sketchbooks 

Detail of hand printed sketchbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment