Pages

Friday 20 September 2013

Life Drawing 19.9.13

Water-soluble graphite stick dipped in water

Another good session with excellent poses and a relaxed atmosphere. I was feeling very tired having been on holiday last week and then back to the real world with a bang this week but as ever I found that I relaxed and enjoyed my drawing as the evening went on.


Water-soluble graphite

Water-soluble graphite

I didn't do any shaded drawings this week as I have not been very happy with the ones from the last few sessions so I decided to give myself a break and focus totally on the line drawings. I used the graphite stick dipped in water for a few of my drawings and I'm really pleased with how they've come out. Combined with the poses I think they create quite, thoughtful, slow images.

Pen, continuous line

One drawing looking at the page, the other without looking

Pen, continuous line

I drew lots of hands this week, last session it was feet but this session I was back to hands! I really like drawing hands as they are quite challenging but really interesting, they can create so many different shapes. One of the things I love about drawing and drawing hands in particular is the way a few lines can suggest something so much more complex.

Simple lines

Simple lines

As I was focusing on line drawings I tried some drawings using just very simple, clean lines and others with more, overlapping lines. I like the effects of both; the ones with fewer lines are harder as they have to be more exact and the ones with more lines have more depth and shape.

Continuous line 

Continuous line

No comments:

Post a Comment