Pages

Thursday 3 January 2013

No resolutions, just some crochet

Crochet Collar

Rather than bore everyone with a post about new beginnings, resolutions and so on I've decided my first post of 2013 shall bore you with pretty crochet instead. At least there are nice photos.

Back view

Front detail

Over the holidays I like to make more frivolous things, especially for myself. So, this holiday I've made myself a pretty crochet collar and a dress (potentially to be worn together.) Before Christmas I tend to spend a lot of time making stuff for other people which is great and I enjoy it but afterwards I like to be a little bit selfish!

Indigo dress

Dress sleeve detail

I really enjoyed making this collar. I got the pattern from Ravelry and it's simple and easy to follow and I'm really pleased with the results. I used a 4 ply cotton yarn in a plum purple colour and a 4mm hook. The dress was from a New Look pattern and was an interesting make as there were lots of darts and shaping bits involved. I used a denim type fabric in a dark indigo and as a consequence my hands looked like smurf hands afterwards!

Cool shadows

Pattern detail

More cool shadows

Crochet hearts

I've also been playing around with making some crochet hearts, ready for Valentines day maybe?

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment