Pages

Sunday 20 January 2013

Hearts and Roses

Brooch detail

It's been another busy week; I've been painting backdrops and plywood ovens with the guys at Heathlands as well as making pieces of steak out of fabric and sewing up a severed princesses arm (fabric again, don't worry.) All in the name of theatre, but more of that in a later post. I have also been working at James Rennie School this week where I have been tie dyeing with KS4. I really enjoyed my day with them, they were eager to learn and really got stuck in. And I once again ended up with blue hands, it's becoming a recurring theme. I will be working with them again in a couple of weeks when we will be using our tie-dyed fabric to make the sea!

Crochet brooch with fabric rose

Today, as a bit of a diversion from the madness of the week, I have been making some pretty crochet brooches for my Folksy shop. I've been playing around making some crochet hearts and I've been combining them with crochet flowers and buttons to make these pretty brooches. I was aiming for a romantic, vintage feel but with a modern twist, hence the colours. I'm really pleased with how they've turned out.

Crochet brooch with rose button

Small crochet brooch with rose button

No comments:

Post a Comment