Pages

Monday 29 October 2012

Rag Rug Wall Piece

Rag Rug Wall Piece

Over the past few weeks I have been working on a group piece with my Heathlands Textiles groups. I have been teaching them basic rag-rug making skills and we have each made a sampler. I asked each person to choose one colour and use just that colour. The finished piece then has a range of colours but they are all contained within the individual samplers.

Detail


Each sampler is worked in a circular embroidery ring and by last week I had enough samplers for us to start putting the piece up. My friend and colleague Helen Tuck started putting the rings up on Thursday and as more people finish their samplers the piece will grow. I love the different textures in the pieces and it's something the guys have enjoyed doing as it is quite easy and relaxing and grows quite quickly.

Detail of cream sampler

Work in progress

Work in progress

Work in progress



No comments:

Post a Comment