Pages

Friday 13 May 2011

The owls of Heathlands

My owl pincushion

At Heathlands (a social enterprise project supporting adults with learning disabilities, please see previous posts for more details!) I run a textile group and one of the projects I designed for the group was these owl pincushions. I wanted to give them a project that would let them try basic sewing skills (cutting, pinning, tacking, machine stitching and hand stitching) but that would be easy enough for a beginner and quick to complete so they'd get a sense of satisfaction and achievement. I think they've created some great little pieces and I love that each owl has it's own character.

Owls made by the group

In their natural environment

The Owls of Heathlandia

1 comment:

  1. I think these are quite beautiful! And I love the pictures of them in the tree.

    ReplyDelete